Napoleon S25i vs Pacific Energy FP25 Zero Clearance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bman42

Aug 9, 2021
Erie,PA
Looking to replace our QuadraFire Isle Royale woodburning stove. Thinking we may change it up and build and enclosure/wall for a wood stove insert. Anyone have any comparison information on a Napoleon S25i insert versus a Pacific Energy FP25 zero clearance insert?
Our Quadrafire stove would heat a lot of our house (2500 sq ft) when burning well. Would want something to produce a lot of heat, and a blower system that will move good quantities of air (SCFM). Having trouble finding any specs on the blowers used on each.
Any other pros/cons that the community can offer to help guide the decision? Thank you!!

I think I would opt for the FP30 if PE. It has a more practical-sized firebox that matches the Isle Royal's size and affords easy N/S loading. We don't get a lot of reports on Napoleon products anymore. There haven't been many words on Wolf Steel products for the past decade.

PS: Marketing sometimes calls these inserts, but to avoid confusion they should properly be called Zero Clearance (ZC) fireplaces.

Reactions: bman42