Neat Euro Gasification Freestander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
I stopped by the NE Biomass Conference for a couple hours on Thursday - this stove from Wittus caught my eye.

The fire is really really really cool. Check out the vid on their site:
http://wittus.com/
(go to products - then twinfire)
Screen Shot 2012-03-23 at 9.14.40 PM.png gas.jpg

Perhaps to young urban Wall St. brokers. It is cool, but at a price that needs a single malt chaser.

Perhaps to young urban Wall St. brokers. It is cool, but at a price that needs a single malt chaser.
Auhhhhh, nothing wrong with that BG. You just gave me an idea==c

Vegas is setting the over/under on the number of those stoves that I would need to heat this house at 9.5.

Auhhhhh, nothing wrong with that BG. You just gave me an idea==c

After that, it would make for a very entertaining evening by the stove.

After that, it would make for a very entertaining evening by the stove.
If only I could be burning. :confused: My dang AC is running. I still think I will have that drink;)

Reactions: ScotO
I'd get it just to watch.....
No, it's not designed to compete with Englander....
But it's 92% efficient...
My daughter in law would love it. She is a wood burning yuppy!

I'm waiting for Precaud to wrangle a TwinFire. It is a fascinating play of science and the art of wood burning.

wouldnt want to clean all that glass

I actually want one - but have nowhere to put it....well, you know, maybe my man-room after I remodel. I'd have to talk a deal, though.......;lol
Apparently, they are handmade in small quantities, which accounts for the price. Tiny firebox, but that is the best way to get the most heat out of wood. A small pile would go a long way.

I actually want one - but have nowhere to put it....well, you know, maybe my man-room after I remodel. I'd have to talk a deal, though.......;lol
Apparently, they are handmade in small quantities, which accounts for the price. Tiny firebox, but that is the best way to get the most heat out of wood. A small pile would go a long way.
And what would that price be if i may ask?

Most every wood stove pays for itself over time anyway. Id pay 5K for a really nice stove. Wood gasifiers are not cheap. Wonder what the burn times are as you are required to not add more than 4-5 pounds of wood at a time. Would be a good candidate for apartments were bringing in a lot of wood may be a hassle.

whats the warrenty?

Love that copper look,wonder if it stays that way. 40000 Btus seems like a lot from 4 Lbs of wood

$5,000 don't seem bad if it is for the larger one on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.