Neat wood stacks ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fishki

Jan 5, 2017
SE Kansas
Some day I hope to stack like this kid >>
I'm actually embarrassed of my wood pile now ;lol

westonwoodwork.jpg
Oooops... meant to stick this in the wood shed, my bad :(

Last edited by a moderator:
When our shed is full the front row is about 8' high.

Reactions: webby3650
Some day I hope to stack like this kid >>
I'm actually embarrassed of my wood pile now ;lol
View attachment 195818
Oooops... meant to stick this in the wood shed, my bad :(

You mean people do not normally stack their wood this way? I made the kiddos go outside and re-stack all the wood... :rolleyes: ;) ;) :rolleyes:

Ah, he's lower to the ground than we are, I'll use that for a feeble excuse......:rolleyes:

My gosh, that is beautiful !!! Those splits look like they were split the same size on an assembly line !

when it dries it will look like any other freestanding wood pile.

Mine stacks out to just over 8' in the front of my woodshed, tapering down to 6'.

Attachments

• IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: Jeffm1
I use every bit of the trees I cut and that means I end up with a mix of neat wood and ugly wood. I don't go for visual appeal but somewhere out side of the photo frame there is a pile of ugly wood either on the property or out in the woods that is far less pretty. I do three rows deep and usually throw the ugly stuff in the center row with the square and flat stuff to box out the corners. The ugly wood tends to pack far less dense so I think it allows a bit more air flow in side the stack.