NEED ADVICE ON AN ELECTRIC INSERT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim37

Dec 30, 2013
Red Deer
Please forgive a newbie if this isn't the right place...

When we bought our place, one of the selling points was a large, wall-mounted gas fireplace in the basement. I actually redid the room in question to use it as a centrepoint. We recently had a plumber in for something else and he turned pale at the way the fireplace had been hooked up. Not only was in not IAW Code, but there is no practical way of making it so ('practical' meaning without selling my first-born kid to pay for it).

I do not want to replace the entire fireplace, but would really like a fire and (if possible) some heat. I had thought to get an electric drop-in fire, with the fake logs, etc, but have been unable to find one small enough. My max length is 18".

Does anyone know of a company making short inserts? Thanks.

Welcome. For readers information: In Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.