Need door assembly parts for Heat N Glo Crescent - stuck with no support...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ktmcrashking

Oct 8, 2014
Clio Michigan
I am a new member who sought out this forum to seek help for a Heat N Glo Crescent fire place (not a Crescent II). On the front glass assembly there are two bi-fold doors. On the right door a hinge gave way rendering the unit unusable. It is only 10 years old but it seems there are no replacement parts available. So now I am stuck with this thing mortared to my wall wondering if I should just put a flower pot in it. The pictures show what I am talking about. Would like help finding a supplier who might have a hinge, bi-fold assembly or even the entire door. I do know I could cobble it back together but my thoughts are it will eventually just fail again and I had better try and locate parts to fix it right. Someone, somewhere has got to have some new old stock for this thing. Fireplace model is CFX_CRESCENT and I to the best of my knowledge the door assembly is a GLA-CRESCENT.
I have emailed Heat N Glo and called my local dealer. Dealer was great but he can't sell me parts he can't buy. Pleaded with Heat N Glo and all they can offer me is a screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any replies.
IMG_10581_zpsf9512d66.jpg

IMG_11531_zps1f316b33.jpg

IMG_11541_zps5ab1c5d2.jpg

Geez, last time I was in Michigan, there were a gazillion machine shops, both large & small.
I'd take it to one of the smaller ones & see what they want to machine a new hinge.

Louis M.- Heck yeah I want one! Sorry form the late reply..........Got discouraged with the metal smith replies. I work with a dozen first class tin smiths but I don't wanna fix it. Not very well made and something else might fail later on. So I want the spare parts too. Please reply with the name of your dealer. K

Fireside Hearth and Home in Roseville MN, they said contact any Fireside Hearth and Home, from the looks of it the nearest to you is in Utica MI. If they cant get it, let me know and I can get it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.