Need fire starters? SuperCedar discount!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I am heating my home, not earning a merit badge.
1666198052368.png
1666197997235.png

Reactions: Dix
No offence, but I am having a hard time understanding the point of supercedars. They seem insanely expensive for what are essentially just slices of duraflame logs. I could maybe see using them if you have a disability and are unable to split down a log for kindling. I use actual cedar split into kindling or scraps from wood splitting. It is so easy a caveman could (and did) do it. But hey, people buy .75 cubic foot bundled firewood for $7 at the gas station. I guess convenience has its price.

Reactions: Dan Freeman
Lol. I had to laugh at the "(and did) do it".
While it is not my thing, I'm going to use the one puck I got with my stove this winter. Just to see what the raving is all about. Maybe I'll be converted too.

Many people buy things because they like it, and not because it's truly necessary - in fact that is what keeps the US (and Chinese...) economy afloat - at least somewhat for the US.

Reactions: Dan Freeman
I just bought a 100ct and took advantage of the 30% discount. I have a lot of kindling, but about 2/3's of the way through the season I am always scrounging around for more kindling, so these will come in handy then, and should last me a few years. However, if I like them, maybe I won't have to worry about kindling anymore!
Kindling tip: I sometimes go to Lowes/HD and check out their bargain rack of lumber (usually 70% off). I pick up a few untreated pine boards for a few bucks, slice them into 1ft pieces, then split them. I get a couple weeks worth of kindling for just a few bucks.

Reactions: VintageGal
Guess I shouldn’t have mentioned Strike a Fires or Home Depot. Money does matter to me and has my whole life. For about five years i paid ten dollars and could get about 144 starts. 7 cents a start. I’m too cheap to use something more expensive. I thought I could help someone that thought like me. I can’t go from fire to fire without needing to start. I been building a fire every evening for the last week. Not burning in the day. Ice on metal roof last night.

Reactions: Dakotas Dad
So.. I just received an email for a Holiday Discount for Supercedars if anyone is interested. Same as our Hearth one (30%) that has supposedly expired for the year.

Current Code = HH2022