Need help deciding which fireplace to install Seguin vs. Piazzetta?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

khaledray

Dec 9, 2020
Sakhnin, Israel
Hello everyone,

this is my first post here and I'm hoping you can help me decide what fireplace to put in my house.
I wanted something modern and where I can see the fire from all angles, after consulting many retailers I'm torn between two options:
1) The first is an Italian brand called Piazzetta MA 271 SL.
This is the official website.
2) the second one is the French Seguin FAS120 3 sided glass fireplace.
Their website.

My main concerns are long term efficiency and are there any known issues with any of them.
They're both very expensive and any advice from experts or people who have these brands would be most appreciated.

These units are not sold here. Try to find some local users. Maybe ask the dealer for references?

These units are not sold here. Try to find some local users. Maybe ask the dealer for references?
Thanks for the quick reply, the problem is that local dealers aren't very well informed and these models as well as designs are are fairly new to my region.
I was looking maybe for some advice from people who know these brands or heard about them.

As far as I know, Piazzetta only sells pellet stoves here. I have never seen a Seguin product in the US. They may both be very good. Maybe someone from across the pond will speak up.

I do not own either of these brands, nor am I an expert.

You are asking about a very narrowly-defined, niche topic I have followed for a while: High end fireplaces, especially Contemporary design styles, and how and where they get installed and used. Observations, from a north america perspective:

There is a very separate market for high end fireplaces vs. the manufacturers and models discussed on here. You are asking about high end, niche manufacturers and models, which don't get a lot of discussion on here, or on any website (but more on here than anywhere else).

Architects and builders of high end homes, $1-2 MM and up, do not hesitate to specify, design and built high end fireplaces. That being so you could contact some architects or builders who specialize in this market and get some (pay for some) design advice on your questions. High end fireplaces are a smaller part of the service these people deliver, but other than dealers or the manufacturers themselves they are a good source of info. Masons who have experience in installing these types of fireplaces are also a good source of info. Contact the two manufacturers you list, ask for names of dealers, architects and masons in your region who install their products.

How do the owners of these high end fireplaces maintain the fireplace over the life of the home? Just like they maintain and upkeep the rest of their high-end home, they hire contractors who specialize. If you can find some of these contractors you might be able to get some advice.

The websites you listed are similar to these I look at from time to time for design ideas:

Hope this is helpful, post back and let us know what you decide to do.