Need help from Quadrafire 7100 owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nuclearsteel

Jan 29, 2017
Central PA
Hello! Awesome forum. We just build a new house and had a quadrafire 7100 installed. We moved in about a month ago and have been burning firewood that I cut and split about 12 to 18 months ago when we cleared the lot. It's at about 15 to 22% moisture content.

The fireplace is great as we have had run it the last few weeks. I have some questions about the ACC and the ACC override. I have searched the interwebs far and wide, talked to my dealer, and experimented myself over the last two weeks. I am hoping that someone here has a newer model and can share how their unit operates. I am not sure if something is wrong with my unit or I just don't understan how it is intended to work.

Now as I understand, you are sposta start with the ACC knob by moving it to the far left, push it to the far right (it picks up the override lever in the middle and pushes it right) then you move the ACC knob back to the left to where you want it.

My observation has been when I have the override lever to the right it seems to burn like the bowels of hell. When the override is in the middle position the air is certainly reduced and now I have "fine" control with the ACC knob.

The instructions are poor to horrible on how these two knob / levers are intended to work.

Here is what I want to verify:
  1. So the override lever...after I push it to the far right (I hear the tick-tok) does the override lever move back to the center position or should it stay to the far right??? Mine stays to the far right...I think something is bound up or broke. If you have a unit with the ACC knob and override lever does your overide lever move from far right back to the middle??

Last edited:
Welcome to the site.

I know these units can be difficult to learn to operate and the manual is confusing - like you said. I remember members / owners posting on how to operate a Heat and Glo Northstar, which is the same ZC unit as the QF7100 - only smaller. I would search the word "Northstar" in the Subject Only on this site. The conversation was approx within 1-1.5 years ago.

I hope this helps.
Matt