Quadrafire 7100 ACC question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ymurf

Jan 8, 2012
Missouri
I have an older quadrafire 7100 fireplace I have had and been using for about 15 to 20 years. The ACC timer has never worked. I just crack the doors open untill its burning good. If I push too far and the timer kicks on, it never shuts off. Have to push it over with a screwdriver. Can these be updated with the new ACC with the over ride lever?

I can't say if it is possible to retrofit, maybe? There would need to be another slot for the control lever.
Just to verify. When starting a fire, the air control is moved all the way to the right to engage the ACC, then immediately moved to say, 7/8's of the way closed. If working right, once the fire is burning well the air should taper down. Are you saying that the fire will only burn at full air throughout the burn instead of tapering down the air?

If so, have you opened up the access door to see if anything is binding? At the least, I would do that and spray the guts of the timer liberally with spray silicone, then work the timer mechanism to get the silicone lubricant into the timer. Turn off the power to the fireplace first.

I have a 7100FP installed new around 2009. The timer mechanism worked for the first season then quit. It seems that the amuont of force that the timer mechanism has is not enough to move the ACC damper back to its normal position. I tried replacing but had the same results with a new one.

According to the literature the ACC "Automatically monitors the fire...." Bah ha ha. It's nothing more than a wind up timer mecahnism used in older-fashioned timer-based light switches.

I found this to be a design flaw and operate mine as you do with the door cracked open until we get rippin'