Need help identifying a used log splitter.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JA600L

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2013
Lancaster Pennsylvania
Can anybody help identify this splitter I bought used for $180? I have to reattach the engine and see if it runs

20210822_152412.jpg 20210822_152419.jpg

My guess is it is a home made one...
I have never seen one with pipe as guides.

This is the closest I could find
Don't know the name
Antique Auction from 2020

IMHO its a home brew special.

Nothing wrong with that if you paid the right price and it works.

Sorry guys not homemade! I did some research and found out it is called the Little Giant log splitter made by a JD hydraulics company. That's all I could find about it. I got it running decent last night but I think a new carb will make it perfect.

Screenshot_20210823-061440_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210823-061445_Chrome.jpg

Nice

Nothing to be sorry about,it was a guess without any investment.
If the price was right and it splits wood,then you are winning

Not exactly a dream setup but not bad. I paid $360 for two parts 4 wheelers and made 1 good one. I paid $180 for the splitter and $40 for the yard cart. For $580 I've got a pretty nice little rig. 4 wheeler is an LT160 Quad Runner.

20210824_195947.jpg

ok...and that money will be paid back in the first 2 months of burning, and after that your ahead of the game.. take the money saved and put it away to upgrade your set up.. Your upgraded set up should be though out to make your wood burning less time consuming and easier for you. This will creat longevity in wood burning..