Need help on where to place Harman XXV on the hearth pad.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jackiel

Jan 27, 2022
Eubank, Kentucky
I am installing a Harman XXV on a corner hearth pad. I do not understand the Harman installation instructions on how close the front legs can be to the front edge of the hearth pad. I have attached two pics. I will post the diagrams from the Harman instructions too.

24D10619-9032-4873-958B-480D0076DE73.jpeg 91C1312E-356A-43AB-ADA4-49FBC46BDDB5.jpeg

Here are the Harman instructions. Look how close the front legs are in the diagrams to the front edges of the fire protection pad in the diagrams. I am doing the corner install. One diagram shows the front legs 6” from the front edge of the pad?

83F7BFBD-5E83-431B-BA18-B789BEE06B0E.png 9CF9510A-98EE-43B3-83EC-7EA11AF2D002.png

I have the stove on sliders right now to help position it. I can take the sliders up for a better view of where the legs are if needed. I’m not clear on the Harman instructions as to if the front legs must be 6” from the front edge of the hearth pad. It looks like the 6” the diagram refers to is not 6” from the hearth pad edge to me.

There are no clearances for front legs
Rear legs 6.25 in. from combustibles with side shields used
Fronts look to be OK at the edge of the pad

Minumum size floor protection for a corner installation hearth pad is 36" x 36". Clearance shown as 9" with optional side shields installed.

That's from the stove not the foot of the leg

Look at your pictures,look at measurement K.
The same as most Harmans the glass must be at least 6" from the edge of a combustible floor floor protection).

Thanks for these helpful replies. I feel confident about the stove’s position now.
My hearth pad is 48”x48” and the glass is 8” from the front edge of the hearth pad.
Thanks again for helping me.

Reactions: Mt Bob
This was dealer installation. Pix makes stove look closer to walls than it is. All code clearances. Have side heat shields and non- flammable curtains. P61A harman. Great softwoods also.

20201208_174602.jpg

Last edited:
My XXV in a corner install. Knowing that some maintenance would be needed behind the stove I left clearance to do so. The exhaust pipe is not straight out the wall, but takes a 90 deg up and out to a chimney flue that was used previously for a wood stove.

stove.jpg

Reactions: Washed-Up
All very nice looking installs. I got the Selkirk DT up and out kit. It is 4” pipe inside of black 6” pipe.

Have to cut an 8 5/8” square opening in the side wall. I have been dreading doing that.