Need help with a v5790

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mwkelly49

Feb 16, 2019
North dakota
I have this pellet stove and I have a vaccum tub that is acting weird. The problem is the metal tub that goes to the burn chamber. It has a small piece of metal in that by passes through it Almost like a coat hanger dimension. Any one know if that is normal or can I drill it out?

Is this a Vogelzang VG5790 or something else?

Do you mean vacuum tube?

My stove is not a 5790 but close. I don't see why anything would or should be in the tube. Is the vacuum switch intact? Did someone try to plug up the tube?

I would like to confirm from another VG5790 user about the tube before you go drilling it out. In case there is some reason there is a supposed to be restriction in the tube.

Is this a Vogelzang VG5790 or something else?

Do you mean vacuum tube?

My stove is not a 5790 but close. I don't see why anything would or should be in the tube. Is the vacuum switch intact? Did someone try to plug up the tube?

I would like to confirm from another VG5790 user about the tube before you go drilling it out. In case there is some reason there is a supposed to be restriction in the tube.

Im guessing hes talking about the nipple thats mounted to the firewall? Maybe someone broke something off in it trying to clean it? Picture of the item would help immensely.