need pipe info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pellet9999

Sep 3, 2008
ny
I have Breckwell Big E. Will the Duravnt pipe adaptor work on the stove port or do you HAVE to have the appliance adaptor..??I noticed the kits have just an adaptor
and dont mention the appliance adaptor. If you know for sure..comment.
Also can I mix Selkirk and Duravnt sections..???
I cant beieve they make it so diificult to plumb these. They should come with these grossly overpriced boxes.

You need an appliance adapter to go from the output pipe to the Duravent piping. You can't mix Duravent and Selkirk piping.

And yes, it is irritating that the piping isn't included - but what you need is different than what someone else needs depending on how you vent them so it's not practical to include it as someone wouldn't get what they needed or everyone would get (and pay for) parts they don't need.

then why does the description say the appliance adaptor is ALSO a 3-4 inch adaptor..?? I am doing only 3 inch ...??

then why does the description say the appliance adaptor is ALSO a 3-4 inch adaptor. I am doing only 3 inch...

pellet9999 said:
then why does the description say the appliance adaptor is ALSO a 3-4 inch adaptor..?? I am doing only 3 inch ...??
Not sure what you're looking at but the 3" adapter is Duravent 3PVP-AD (the 4" is 4PVP-AD) which has one end that fits over the stove's outlet and the other is the male fitting for the Duravent pipe. (see this: http://www.northlineexpress.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=5SP-3PVP-AD)

There is also a 3-4" increasing adapter is 3PVP-4X (see here: http://www.northlineexpress.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=5SP-3PVP-X4). The 3" section will fit over the male end of the appliance adapter and mate to a 4" Duravent pipe. It does not go onto the stove's outlet pipe.

Call me I can help

Eric
330-876-0200

Status
Not open for further replies.