Need some help with pipe connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rkofler

Burning Hunk
Nov 15, 2011
Long Island
I need to pull my insert out a couple of inches, however, the pictures below will show what i am dealing with. What is the easiest way to gain this clearance? Do i go right to an offset box? Can i adjust the elbow to turn harder out of the top of the stove? I don't have much experience with stove pipe, so go easy on me. I'm pretty handy, looking to avoid calling in an "expert".
Thanks in advance for your advice.

IMG_4971.jpg IMG_4974.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with a fixed 30 degree elbow it will be much shorter which may gain you enough. If not you can remove the front of the damper frame

Thanks for the ideas. Will probably try the 30 first. I’m thinking the liner might not reach new adapter, and it might be tough to pull liner down farther since it’s lined. Is there an easier way to fill any gap?
As for removing the damper, will probably be last resort. Guess i would have to cut out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk