Needing A Little help and advice.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakethepup

Aug 3, 2008
Central Kentucky
Guys need some help, last night I decide to give my stove a good cleaning, I took the back off the stove and vacuumed cleaned the brushed inside the blower motor, and just did a major cleaning, pipes etc. However while vacuuming I broke the T1 sensor, it broke completely off. The book I have only has a block diagram and does not really say what this sensor is. I am guessing it is the over temperature sensor, but I am not 100 percent sure of that. What I am hoping is that they label the sensor, the same on other models of stoves. I did fire the stove up and it has run about two hours, without a problem so far. But I am going to call the manufactory the first thing on Monday and get a replacement part. I am just wondering if this is the high Temperature sensor would there be any danger of running the stove on the lowest setting until I got the replacement part. Or should I not run the stove at all?

I downloaded the freely available manual but it doesn't show enough information and the technical manual is only available to service reps of dealers and customers .

Standard practice is to circumvent a safety (a sensor device is a safety) only to isolate a problem.

You shouldn't run a stove with a circumvented or disabled safety device.

That would be how the folks that determine who gets the Darwin Award get their candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.