needing stove id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shannon

Nov 18, 2014
missouri
IMG_20141117_142816_746.jpg IMG_20141117_142209_797.jpg

Front of the stove says nothing?

Yes, that's why I asked. It is most likely a Scandia (Taiwan) knockoff of the Jotul 118.

That's what I thought but couldn't find any info on it. The insurance is wanting the ul number but I'm guessing it doesn't have one

Sorry, but that stove configuration looks a little suspect. Not too sure about the wall thimble from the picture, but I think you need some better floor protection.
Perhaps someone more knowledgeable in these matters could comment.

Correct homebrewz. The hearth is not protecting at all in front and left of the stove and it's inadequate for an unlisted stove. There is metal tape on the flue pipe and it appears to be going out a window. If so and there isn't a proper thimble connected to class A chimney pipe correctly installed then this is an illegal and unsafe installation and no insurance company should insure it.

We changed all that. We did what the insurance said we needed to like double pipe going thru concrete board. Just need info on stove. It has a plate on the back but all I can read is as mechanic lab. Does this mean its ul listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.