Nest Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Right... So... I reference TwoBraids and his work, and even went through his conference presentation with more info than his blog, but he also notes the problems he was seeking to overcome, such as lack of starting on high and abrupt shutoff of stove rather than gradual backing down to maintenance burn (thus using ignitor more). I'm wondering if others have done additional work since, even if not with a Nest.

where there is a will there is a way. I have hooked up a NEST to an Enviro M55 Steel, and used the central system on auxiliary, so far works so good!
Could you elaborate on your approach to make the m55 work with the nest? I have an empress fpi and I want it to be my primary source of heat and my home heating furnace be the secondary. I will run the stove in the high low function so it doesn’t turn it on and off. Last thing I want to do is fry the board. Thanks for any input

I got it to work. Diagram below.
Nest_Adapter.jpg

Anyone hook a Nest up to their pellet stove ?

I would really like to have control of my stove with my iPhone.

Fire the stove up about an hour before I get home, etc...

Keep my Harman XXV in Room Temp mode and wire the probe into this thermostat.

Any ideas ?

See attached.

Attachments

• Nest_Adapter.pdf
    323.6 KB · Views: 392