New addition to the Clydesdale family

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepWarmInWinter

Hearth Supporter
Sep 22, 2010
CT
I would like to share with you that I am happy owner of a Hearthstone Clydesdale.
Our Clydesdale was started on Halloween and performs very well.
I am learning my stove's "personality" and wondering if Clydesdale is she or he.
The Clydesdale is a workhorse for sure.
This workhorse is sitting in the fireplace that is on the outside wall of 325 sq feet family room and will kindly heat 2000 sq feet house.

I am attaching a few pictures to this post.
The first one is the final result of our "wood insert" project with a face of horse in the fire.
The rest are pictures from DIY installation (key milestones of the project).

We could not do it without very valuable input from threads and HearthWiki articles.
Instructions on cleaning chimney, making the block off plate, tips on firewood and starting fire are very helpful and handy.

The Hearth.com is a great forum for the wood burning community, especially for the beginners.
Thanks very much to all of you who take the time to share your knowledge and experiences and offer your help.

Attachments

• WoodInsert-ClydesdaleHorse.jpg
    WoodInsert-ClydesdaleHorse.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 385
  • WoodInsert-LinerInsulation.jpg
    WoodInsert-LinerInsulation.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 403
  • WoodInsert-LinerInstallation.jpg
    WoodInsert-LinerInstallation.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 380
  • WoodInsert-TopPlate.jpg
    WoodInsert-TopPlate.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 379
  • WoodInsert-BlockOffPlate.jpg
    WoodInsert-BlockOffPlate.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 373
  • WoodInsert-InsertInstallation.jpg
    WoodInsert-InsertInstallation.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 381
  • WoodInsert-BreakInFire.jpg
    WoodInsert-BreakInFire.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 372
  • WoodInsert-SurroundInstallation.jpg
    WoodInsert-SurroundInstallation.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 384
That looks great. May it serve you well for many, many years.

great looking insert and install. I know you will enjoy it as much as I have been enjoying mine!

First class installation and stove. Very nice job and a beautiful setting for the Clydesdale. Hope it keeps you very warm this winter.

Looks great. I came within an inch of buying a Clydesdale.

BrotherBart,
I came within an inch of not buying a Clydesdale. At first, we decided to buy Hampton HI300 since its oversize frame was smaller than Clydesdale oversize frame. . Just before ordering HI300, I realized that it is impossible to install any frame around of our firebox opening due to bulged stones. And here is an interesting twist. It turned out that the Clydesdale has won because it fits almost perfect inside of the firebox opening with its regular frame.
Details in post: "What would you put in our fireplace - Clydesdale or HI300"? https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/59528/P22/)

Rudyjr,
The bottom up liner installation went well. Then my husband has found out that the top stones were joined pretty loose.
Therefore, he decided to remove the stone for the top plate installation. The stone on the top of the chimney was not the main reason for the bottom up installation. The chimney flue bend is above of the chimney smoke chamber, so it was easer to handle "pushing" from the bottom.
Details in post: "The bottom up or top down liner installation" (https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/61076/)

The installation was on a picture-perfect fall day, so we enjoyed it very much. I took a few pictures from our deck.
I am sending the best one to all Hearth.com advisers as a token of appreciation.

Attachments

• Photo-Fall.jpg
    Photo-Fall.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 275
Very nice! Is that the Connecticut River?

KeepWarmInWinter said:
This is the Candlewood Lake.

That is an awesome view !!!!! Fall colors = spectacular !

Status
Not open for further replies.