New Blaze King products?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

webby3650

Master of Fire
Sep 2, 2008
Indiana
I heard from the Blaze King rep that there were some new products coming out in the near future. Paging BKVP!! Is this true? And can you comment on this? Any info would be appreciated.

Bold new graphics?

A 6" king? They dropped US sales of furnaces.

A king with a 6" flue would never pass the emissions testing would be my guess.

If I understand correctly, the 6" flows less than an 8" at high burn rates but flows way way enough to keep the firebox evacuated if the max caddy can vent its 4.9 CF firebox through a 6". I really can't see any good reason for the 8" relic of the past. Lower flow rates due to chimney restriction, if that's even an issue, can only enhance the combustor's ability to eat emissions. Low and slow is most efficient and cleanest for any of the models.

There was a thread where BKVP told a poster to call him; Led me to believe he might have some info about an upcoming product....

If I understand correctly, the 6" flows less than an 8" at high burn rates but flows way way enough to keep the firebox evacuated if the max caddy can vent its 4.9 CF firebox through a 6". I really can't see any good reason for the 8" relic of the past. Lower flow rates due to chimney restriction, if that's even an issue, can only enhance the combustor's ability to eat emissions. Low and slow is most efficient and cleanest for any of the models.
The same reason that the regency 5100 and the buck 91 have 8" vents you need volume to make them work properly. I am not saying that bk could not redesign it and make it work with a 6" vent but it will take quite a bit of engineering.

Rear venting BK stove?

I heard that following the success of the magic thermostat, they decided to focus most of their R&D on magicological innovation. As a result, this year we're expecting a stove with a refeigeration mode for summer burning, a stove that burns snow, and of course the new flagship product which goes outside and gets its own snow, loads itself, and exhausts warm cookies into the living room.

Yes. We have new products headed to market this year. I cannot share too much other than to say we have BOTH new wood and gas products.

We have test reports filed with EPA and await certificates. Once those are in hand production can begin....

There are multiple products headed to dealers showrooms.....

This is the Sirocco 25 Insert. Approved for masonry and factory built fireplaces. .90 gr/hr 2.3 cu.ft., 77% HHV and 83% LHV efficient, 16" logs N/S 22" E/W. Huge glass door.

I cannot add anything else at this time!

Attachments

• Sirocco25 InsertC25.jpg
    Sirocco25 InsertC25.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 1,335
Good deal. That's a nice looking insert Chris!

I see you've made several changes since I saw it at the trade show. It looks really nice! I know that would sell really well around here.

I will say, that Sirocco 25 sure does look like it was built off the Briarwood frame.
It has NOTHING to do with the Briarwood and the door/glass is much bigger. Nice try though.

Meh, small firebox. If they announce a King insert, I WILL kick myself for buying a princess this year
There's a limit to what cats you are going to be able to cram into most fireplaces, and it seems to be about 3 cu.ft. There's the Kuma Sequoia insert which claims 3.6 but I don't know how that translates to real, usable firebox size...

There's a limit to what cats you are going to be able to cram into most fireplaces, and it seems to be about 3 cu.ft. There's the Kuma Sequoia insert which claims 3.6 but I don't know how that translates to real, usable firebox size...
Woody...bigger boxes can be built, but at the price of making combustor inspection and replacement a nightmare!

Reactions: Woody Stover