1. dooleyj67

dooleyj67
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 30, 2017
    Loc:
    Jermyn PA
    Im
    I'm burning the same tractor supply hardwood pellets, for the picture either or open /closed. You can open the door.

Mine is a castle serenity.

2. dooleyj67

dooleyj67
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 30, 2017
    Loc:
    Jermyn PA
    From what I understand some people clean the pot and inside while it's running. I turn mine off, not that comfortable with it yet.

3. Hiskid

Hiskid
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 26, 2017
    Loc:
    PA
    Thanks, its a Serenity too. I'll wrangle my beloved with her smartyphone when she's not busy and get back to you.

4. dooleyj67

dooleyj67
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 30, 2017
    Loc:
    Jermyn PA
    I'm going to either lowes or Glowing Embers for pellets today. I don't know about you but the TSC brand don't seem all that good.

5. dooleyj67

dooleyj67
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 30, 2017
    Loc:
    Jermyn PA
    Thank you it would be Great to see pictures from other people.

6. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    For 13 hours on heat level 3 ,. 3/4 of a bag is nornal

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Deezl Smoke likes this.
  7. dooleyj67

dooleyj67
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 30, 2017
    Loc:
    Jermyn PA
    Great to hear thank you rich2500. I guess the new box worked.

I just burned my last pot of TSC hardwood pellets, cleaned and vacuumed the hopper out. There was a Lot of fines /dust in the bottom.

On to "Easyblaze" brand now. I really hope there is a difference...

Deezl Smoke likes this.
  8. ronjovi001

ronjovi001
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 24, 2016
    Loc:
    State College, PA
    Hi Guys... I have had my Serenity for 1 1/2 years. LOVE IT... I live in Central PA. I am such a novice at this. Hoping I am doing everything properly. Can anyone guide me with a couple of issues. Burning Stove Chow pellets from Home Depot (burns cleanest of the brands I have tried and I buy a skid each winter). Right now, it is 7 degrees outside and on setting 5, the stove is maintaining at about 77 degrees according to control panel. Is that okay?
    Here are the other issues/questions:
    1) Not immediately, but after a while, from day one of owning the stove, I get some white soot build up going up the left side of the glass, even after cleaning. I also sometimes, over a period of time, get a white soot in one spot directly in the middle of the glass. I don't think I can open the door while it is burning like others have mentioned doing here- mine shuts off. I clean the glass when cool with non abrasive Cook Top Cleaning Creme for ceramic cook tops. Works GREAT!
    2) How hot should my stove pipe/exhaust be getting, if at all? I never noticed it being hot to the touch before, but it has been recently. I worry that I am wasting a lot of heat escaping through the exhaust.
    3) I have never messed with the settings as I frankly don't understand what each does... if someone has the time, can you do a Settings 101 on what settings impact what? The manual is no help.

I have a few others, but that is it for now. I figure I would throw these out to all of the seasoned veterans on here.
    BTW- Happy New Year.

9. mikkeeh

mikkeeh
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2011
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Just installed my Serenity as a auxiliary heat in the basement. Was having trouble with overfeeding. Set on manual, level 1, I was burning through a hopper in < 12 hrs. Called Ardisam and they sent out a new control panel and module. Seems much better now. On level 1 I am getting about 18hrs. Hopper doesn’t seem to empty completely, so its hard to be accurate, but its much better. Still tweaking air intake and exhausts stalls. Been using Somersets.
    Nice stove overall for the money. Still getting a clinker in the bottom of the pot, requiring shutdown and removal every 24hrs. Can’t really clean it with the stove running. Got used to my P43...its been running 40+ days without shutdown.....but its a complete different feed system. I did install a exterior control rod for the air shutter. Makes life easier. Great info on the site!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Deezl Smoke

Deezl Smoke
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2015
    Loc:
    Oregon
    First, go up to the top of the page and move your mouse cursor over the little down pointing arrow to right of the icon "media". In the menu that scrolls down, click on "search media".
    On the page that loads, click on "search threads and posts".
    Next in the keywords line type "serenity". Then scroll down and where it says "search in forums" scroll the menu till you see the pellet mill. Click on that and hit the search button at the bottom.
    That'll bring up many threads with lots of info on the settings in the control panel.

If after reading a while you still dont see what you need, come back and the nice people here will do what they can to help explain the settings.

11. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    mikkeeh here is what I used to clean my Serenity burnpot with out shutting it down, it's a stainless spatula that I cut the sides down to make it more narrow to fit down in the pot, I turn the spatula upside down and can get down in the pot and lift the clinker out and just toss it in the ash pan. By doing this once a day I would let my serenity burn for a week with out shutting it down.
    20161209_151658.jpg

mikkeeh and Deezl Smoke like this.
  12. mikkeeh

mikkeeh
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2011
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Hmmmmm Time to bend some sheet metal. Thanks

13. wayn

wayn
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 27, 2016
    Loc:
    Vermont
    Hi all! Have had my Serenity for three seasons now, really like the way it heats the 800+/- square feet of space I ask it to! Have never gone above heat setting 2, usually stay at 1 and can keep the chill off really well.
    MY biggest gripe w/this stove is that even when it’s so low the ‘out of pellets’ alarm is about to go off I can’t get a full bag of pellets - usually Tractor Suckply - into the hopper.
    I admittedly am only keeping the space at about 60° here in VT but can do so for more than 24hrs on a bag.
    Really like the stove but SERIOUSLY wish it had variable feed/fan rates instead of stepped ones, since there are days when setting 1 leaves me in the 80°+ range, and I don’t like turning on/off...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. mikkeeh

mikkeeh
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2011
    Loc:
    NE Ohio

That’s basically what I’m trying to do with mine in my basement. Have NEVER got close to 24hrs on a bag on level 1. Called Ardisam. We switched out the control board, and the module. 16hrs is the max time on a full hopper. And you’re right.....cant get 40#s in.

15. wayn

wayn
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 27, 2016
    Loc:
    Vermont
    When I bought mine, the feed screw mounting plate was loose, and the tech folks stepped me through fixing it... they DID say if I couldn’t fix it on-site they’d send another one. Something about QC suffering after farming out stove construction to China.

Maybe they’d do the same - or similar - for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    16 hrs. is right about what i would average, I have gotten as many as 18 hrs. with longer pellets. there was some one that posted a pic some time ago of how he added a piece of sheet metal to the bottom of the pellet chute extending down about 3" to slow the feed rate.

17. Talegas

Talegas
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2016
    Loc:
    Metrowest MA
    My record was 20 hrs with a single bag. that was last year, this year I haven't been able to test it again since the weather has pushed me to always have it in lvl 2 or 3 to keep warm. Not sure if is really the weather or if there was something changed in the house or if it is the pellets itself (used hardwood last time, this time softwood) that is not yielding as much heat as before.

I used to open up the basement door into the laundry when to keep the house between 70 and 72.. now I am struggling to reach 70.

anyway, 20 hrs or more since it leaves quite a good number of pellets in the hopper before shutting down is my record.

18. dozerdean

dozerdean
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 8, 2014
    Loc:
    North central mo
    Any pellet stove can burn corn as long as you do a mixture.

19. dozerdean

dozerdean
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 8, 2014
    Loc:
    North central mo
    What are you calling wood chips? Like chain saw chips? I think it jam your auger..

20. Talegas

Talegas
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2016
    Loc:
    Metrowest MA
    does corn burn hotter?

21. dozerdean

dozerdean
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 8, 2014
    Loc:
    North central mo
    I can feel the difference. I do a 80-20 mixture and clean the corn.

22. Talegas

Talegas
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2016
    Loc:
    Metrowest MA
    So this is what you buy? is not fuel, but chicken feed.
    op1l1Jz.png

23. dozerdean

dozerdean
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 8, 2014
    Loc:
    North central mo
    Until you try whole clean corn don't knock it!

24. dozerdean

dozerdean
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 8, 2014
    Loc:
    North central mo
    I got my corn from the elevator @ clean it myself..

25. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    I don’t suppose they deliver?