New chimney liner installed. (Pics included)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hubjeep - Those Terra cotta flue caps come with screws to snug it to the flue but you need to put a bead of high temp silicone too.

As for the stove and wife and child to be born - i had my last child 2 years ago in November. What a treat to sit around the warm house all winter - weekends especially - and just enjoy the stove and family.

Nice work boys...

NewtownPA said:
woodconvert said:
Just curious...did adding that liner change the performance of the stove?

HELL YEAH! The draw is significantly better, the burn is MUCH MORE EVEN, my wife and kids are safer and it felt GOOOOOOD to be eating pizza and beer at the end of the day!

It has been relatively warm here and I've fired up the stove once so far. Again, GOOD DRAW, flames heat the stove so much faster than before, no smoke (except for when the fire was first lit). I owe my debt of gratitude to Hogwildz for coming down to help me out!

Ah shucks, thats what I am here for. Was glad to help.
And pizza & beer was a nice completion to the day.
You get your wood together for this year?

nice job, nice pics, congrats newton.
hogwildz- your a good man. dont ever change.

Status
Not open for further replies.