NEW GUY! Install question

spartysteve Posted By spartysteve, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spartysteve

    New Member 2.

    Oct 22, 2013
    This may seem real basic but I am bit stumped with my install. I have purchased the Metalbestos through wall kit from Selkirk. Everything seems easy enough when creating the opening, installing the thimble, the wall bracket outside, the insulated T... This is where I get stumped. It would seem to me you'd want the same class A chimney pipe running through the wall and thimble and connecting to the insulated T and not coming out into the room as to be seen since it's SS and not black. Being that my wall is less than 6 inches I don't get how to make the connection from the insulated T through the thimble.

    My question is: What type of pipe to do I run from the T through the wall thimble and connect to the black stove pipe in the house?

    Thanks for any help!
  2. DAKSY

    Patriot Guard Rider Moderator 2.
    Staff Member

    Dec 2, 2008
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Take a look at the Metalbestos or Selkirk websites. They show the assembly of every possible configuration of their products.
    Yes, you have to come thru the thimble with the same type of Class A in order to make a safe, secure connection, but you may have to postion your wall thimble so that the inner end conforms to a minimum distance criteria from the combustible wall. IIRC, that minimum distance is 4.5 inches into the room. At that point you install an adapter from the Class A to your connector pipe. You shouldn't see any of the Class A. That should all be within the wall thimble.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page