New Home Build. Need Suggestions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would ground source heat pumps and a wood stove for backup /

Winter of 2011, I visited with a couple in Dawson Creek, BC and they had ground source heat pump with forced air and wood stove back up and they could not be happier!
They are the couple that sold me their 30 year old Jetstream Boiler that had yet to see its first fire!

Our primary heat source is wood heat and our insurance charges us a 25% surcharge on our house insurance. The additional money spent on house insurance may make the ground source heat pump worth the effort of a serious look!

That is a good thought about the house insurance. The nauglerhouse.com link has some interesting reading. Does anyone have experience with these houses? I'm curious how much extra money they are over conventional building techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.