New Insert Owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilt12

Dec 30, 2013
Springfield, OH
Hi everyone!

1st post but have been reading this site for sometime now trying to gain more and more information on different stoves.

I've run across a fisher insert, not sure which model it is. I'm thinking the grandma? (Pictures attached) Would like more information on it. We are getting ready to move and would like to put an insert in an existing masonry chimney to cut down on propane costs. We currently run a regency medium insert (I2400) and it does well for our house now, at 1200sq ft with very very poor insulation and windows. But our new home will be 2400 sq ft.

Have been considering putting in a new stove (blaze king or buck 91) but ran across the fisher and thought it might be worth trying for a winter or two for the price. The seller is asking 500$

Any information or tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 216
Welcome to the forum;
If the Insert measures 21 across the front, and 32 1/2 deep without ash fender, it's a full size "Fireplace Insert" with no bear name given. This model uses Grandma size doors and screen.

Manual available in Hearth Wiki here;
https://www.hearth.com/images/uploads/fishinsertmanual.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.