New install Kuma Alpine LE insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bondera

Feb 23, 2023
Walnut Creek, CA
IMG_20231218_170221035.jpg
Hi folks,

I'm a long time follower, first time poster. All the research I did on this forum helped me with this decision, thanks for all the collective wisdom!

Finally got this Kuma Alpine LE installed. I'm so excited 😆

So far I just had a couple of small curing burns. There's definitely off-gassing during those, I had the windows open and the fans going.

This weekend I'll go for some big burns, see how that works out.

Reactions: EbS-P
If you want hide the liner you can get a piece of black split stove pipe cut to length and wrap around it.

Reactions: bondera
Passed the building permit inspection today 💪

I love this stove, but 5 big hot fires in and it still fills the room with a burning factory oil smell and smoke when it goes over 500, fan or no fan 😢

Congrats! This is our 4th year with ours. Hmm, I don't recall our smelling as much.

63311625032__88367013-BFC1-4F6F-B3EB-278CF2725EA5.JPG

Passed the building permit inspection today 💪

I love this stove, but 5 big hot fires in and it still fills the room with a burning factory oil smell and smoke when it goes over 500, fan or no fan 😢
Could still be paint curing. How long are you leaving you bypass open? If you leave it open for too long you could get a "hot smell" from the stainless steel liner.