New install pics and thanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhunter3714

Dec 6, 2007
Missouri
Thanks Driftwood for finding the link to my pics. And thanks for everyones advice on this subject matter. Everyone has been a great help. The installer on the roof is a stove shop owner. I had to hire a cirtified installer to acomadate my insureance company. Where to stove is located used to be my storage room at the end of our carport. I enclosed the carport to extend out our living room. Know our house has a fully open floor plan. Our bedroom stays at 69 degrees, hallway and living room between 76 to 82 degrees. Weve been keeping our front and back door open. I'm still learning how to regulate the stove. Again thanks.

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj115/bowhunter3714/

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj115/bowhunter3714/

That is wild tile bowhunter. Very exotic.

One thing that is hard to tell from the pictures. It looks like the top and bottom of the rear heat shield it trimmed tight with molding, thus blocking the air cavity behind the tiled wall shield. Is that correct? Not that this appears to be an issue. It looks like you have good clearances all around.

Thanks. The tile was only $24.00 for a box of 17ea 12x12. Ol lady and I spent close to an hour making different patterns with it. The clearance is 1 inch from the back of the durock to the drywall. The (trim 1/4") thick may look like its blocking the air flow but its raised 1/16" above the shield. If my insurance company has an issue with it I'll raise it. I have plenty of paint left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.