New Jotul F55 V2 - Deal of the decade!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JRitz187

Oct 23, 2014
New Hampshire
I finally got my hearth stonework done at the cabin and was day dreaming of a new stove to compliment it. I sort of landed on a Jotul F55 and ended up finding a brand new one at an authorized dealer for $2K out the door and couldn’t pass it up! Very excited and greatful for such an epic find. I pick it up Friday and head north to install!

I’ve been running an 30-NC for about 7yrs up there now and it has been a monster, works great and got the wood seasoning program dialed with that stove. Haven’t had any issues, except having to wear shorts when it’s -10 outside haha. Will the the same chimney set up as with that stove. Any thing I should look out for with the change to the new F55? Seems like the operation will be quite similar to the NC-30? I’m kinda hoping the cast jacket will tamp down some of that heat intensity while sitting in front of it. It’s oversized for the cabin but it’s an uninsulated floor on post and beam, single pane windows and quite drafty as one would expect. Pic of the new hearth with the NC-30

6A78522A-A230-4436-921D-C801EC53E54A.jpeg

Last edited:
Congratulations. That is a steal. The radiated heat from the front of the door will probably be about the same. The side-radiated heat will be less than the 30-NC.

Congratulations. That is a steal. The radiated heat from the front of the door will probably be about the same. The side-radiated heat will be less than the 30-NC.
Thanks begreen! Anything you can think of to look out for with swapping these two stoves?

That’s a heck of a deal! That’s what I paid for my F45 2 years ago. Is that an 8” chimney? I would put that 8 to 6” reducer up top right off the ceiling support for a cleaner look and use all 6” double wall slip pipe the rest of the way down.

Reactions: JRitz187
Great minds, haha. That’s exactly what I did today, looks wayyyyy better. I found one that matched and stuck it at the top. This thing is a beaut, waiting to start the 3rd break in fire later tonight. Can’t wait to see what she can do in the dead of winter. Drafting great and no issues so far getting the first 2 little ones going. I need to add some 45s to push it back closer to the wall, it’s barely on the front of the slab for stove to sit on. Hoping that doesn’t affect the draft to badly 🤞

1EB857AF-045A-4238-8DE9-0CB58AFF5057.jpeg

Reactions: trailrated
Got the 45s on and it’s sitting nicely on the slab and been drafting quite well with the warmer temps in the low 40s. Loving the cast jacketing, certainly makes a difference to the comfort sitting around it. Very happy and a nice upgrade from the Englander, although that served quite well.

I noticed the secondaries burning the wood into a serrated fashion. That never happened in the Englander!

29CD7A60-645D-46EE-977D-F4D5A7ED033B.jpeg CAA0CA93-743C-4BC8-BDAF-6B405FE617F8.jpeg

Reactions: bigealta and Todd
That looks great. Nice fire shot.

Jotul and several other European stove secondary manifolds are often a bit different and not tube. They are more like a stairstep and create a nice cascading flame pattern. In the F55 it looks like they have a serrated rear manifold too that creates a kind of dragon tooth pattern at the back. Very cool.

Last edited:
Very nice setup! Congrats on your deal!