New Member and my DV580 fireplace problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobed2121

Nov 30, 2009
California
First let me say thanks to all and it's great to have found this place. Thank GOD for the internet. We just bought a home that has a Majestic Vermont Castings DV580 fireplace with the RF Comfort Control Valve system. This is a in-the-wall installed fireplace. The home was built in 2002 so I'm going to assume that is about the age of the fireplace,
Now my problem. I lit the pilot as instructed and waited for the all-clear LED to go off. Well instead I have a LED count code of 7 which the manual says "Confirm stepper motor connection exists" Anyone know what that may be or look like or heck what a stepper motor even is? Thanks
Robert

The stepper motor is the mechanism that will turn the gas valve
up or down to raise & lower the flame height/heat output/gas usage.
The resolution to the error light may be as simple as changing the
batteries in the remote sending unit, receiver or both...
I realize this probably doesn't do you a whole lot of good, but that's the
first place I'd look at...
Haven't worked on one of these valves in 5 years or more &
CRS is catchin up with me...

Ah so the receiver may have a battery in it as well? That makes sense as only the fan is plugged into the outlet. I'll check that. BTW what does CRS mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.