New member just saying hi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barkbuster

Dec 16, 2010
Deer Arkansas
Hello, I just signed up. This is a great site, a lot of good info. I live in north west Arkansas in a small 1100 foot home with my wife and three small boys fourth child is on its way. I have been heating my home and domestic water with a Taylor outdoor water furnace. The taylor works great, but does use a lot of wood 5 cord per winter. I recently started a 1200 foot addition, 600 of which is finished basement. Not wanting to have to cut 4 or 5 cord of additional wood I decided to supplement with a wood stove. So last night I bought a used Hearthstone "Phoenix" stove on craigslist. It will be this spring before the project is finish so the stove is in storage for now. But I'm sure I will have lots of questions.

Does anyone know how to tell how old my stove is. The serial number is 96-10-PI4116.

Thanks, Brad

Welcome and yes a lot of great info here. I'm new to burning as well but have learned a lot!!!!!

Welcome to the forum . . . the Phoenix was one of the stoves I was looking at as a "contender" -- sharp looking stove.

Welcome to the forum and to the "Stoners" club.

estang said:
Welcome and yes a lot of great info here. I'm new to burning as well but have learned a lot!!!!!

X2 been burning for 3 weeks and learned a lot about burning wood with my wood stove insert it sure does heat up 1200 square feet house and another wood stove in the basement and only used it 2 times and at night i let the new furnace take over for the night.. mainly to cut cost for fuel too many big windows around here which is really nice to see the lake....

Status
Not open for further replies.