New Owner - Hampton GC60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crizpynutz

Mar 26, 2015
Northern CT
So, in about a week my first pellet stove will be installed in my house. I decided on the Hampton GC60 and purchased from Dean's Stove & Spa in Plantsville, CT. I live in Northern CT in a 2,200 square foot Colonial. I built my own hearth - pic attached - and just waiting for the stove to be installed before putting the baseboard back up.

I've been reading here and just joined the site, but wondering as a n00b pellet stove owner if anyone has anyone has any suggestions right off for me. I'm obviously looking at this more for next winter since I'm at the end of the season, but what are some good pellets to start looking for, or any suggested settings, tweaks, etc. on the stove itself? From reading the site I'll need to just try several things out to see what works best, but I am curious if there is anything right off the bat I should do or a good place to start, check, try.

I admit, I'm kinda nervous about it, but crossing my fingers this investment works out.

Attachments

• hearth.jpg
    hearth.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 110
Congrats on your new purchase. Best advice I can give is use the best quality pellets you can get, you have Brian Martin cabinetry down in Bristol (BT Enterprises) for good pellets. That is Enviro M55 sister stove, make sure its installed properly, pipes sealed, air shutter set up properly and they show you how to operate stove. Assume you are having them install?? If you need a good installer, PM me. Again, congrats, they are heckuva heater.

Thank you and yes they are installing for me, I'll be sure to ask a ton of questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.