New Pacific Energy FP25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jdrenckpohl

Feb 12, 2020
Maple Valley, WA
Love my new FP25. So glad I convinced the wife to let us install a wood burner in the new house. It's a little more finicky to start than the PE Super 27 (Super Classic) I have at the cabin but that could be due to mutiple factors. We did a slim brick surround and have an old growth fir hand hewen timber from an old barn as our mantel. Unfortunately there was nowhere to mount a TV other than above the mantel, but it doesn't appear to get too hot up there. Used cement fiber board all the way up to help protect TV. The dual blowers on the FP25 are fairly quiet and pump out a lot of heat. I think a free standing stove installed in the center of the house (where we have our super classic in the cabin) versus a zero clearance fireplace on an exterior wall (the new house) is more efficient, but nonetheless this is a great stove.

20210103_201942.jpg 20210103_201953.jpg

Looks
Love my new FP25. So glad I convinced the wife to let us install a wood burner in the new house. It's a little more finicky to start than the PE Super 27 (Super Classic) I have at the cabin but that could be due to mutiple factors. We did a slim brick surround and have an old growth fir hand hewen timber from an old barn as our mantel. Unfortunately there was nowhere to mount a TV other than above the mantel, but it doesn't appear to get too hot up there. Used cement fiber board all the way up to help protect TV. The dual blowers on the FP25 are fairly quiet and pump out a lot of heat. I think a free standing stove installed in the center of the house (where we have our super classic in the cabin) versus a zero clearance fireplace on an exterior wall (the new house) is more efficient, but nonetheless this is a great stove.

View attachment 271232 View attachment 271233
Looks really good!

Looks great

Nice job. It finished out quite handsomely. The FP25 firebox is shallower than the Super. It's from the Neo 2.5 and more of an E/W loader, so yes, it will run a bit differently.

I don't have very good draft, so if i shut it down it is definetly still warm / coals in the morning. So i would say i have coals in the morning but it is really only putting out heat for maybe 5 to 6 hours? I also haven't fully loaded it since the climate here in the seattle area isn't super cold

I don't have very good draft, so if i shut it down it is definetly still warm / coals in the morning. So i would say i have coals in the morning but it is really only putting out heat for maybe 5 to 6 hours? I also haven't fully loaded it since the climate here in the seattle area isn't super cold
Ic so are you happy with it so far ? Wish you went to the next size bigger ?