New Pellet burner here - Pellets for Harman P61A?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mepellet

Minister of Fire
Aug 10, 2011
Central ME
Hi all-
We are going to be purchasing a Harman P61A from our local Harman dealer very soon and I am wondering what you guys with this model burn for pellets. I don't want to buy a few bags now and wait until it gets cold enough to test them out at the risk of either not being able to find pellets come November or the price being much higher. I will be sure to post photos when the install is done.
-mepellet

Harman's arent picky (especially the p61A), any premium quality pellet will work, with some edging out others......this is discussed ad nauseum here, use the search function.....or listen to what your local dealer suggests.

Welcome to the forum and congrads on your new purchase. The Harman's are not real picky with what you feed them, I burned every brand that Lowe's had last year no real issues I liked the Greene Team Home Depot has Stow Chow that many folks here like . I burned Barefoots Hammers & Turmans all top end pellets. I'm sure that folks from Maine will be chiming in to let you know what local brands have done well for them. You may also want to go to the Sticky note as there are links to Jay man's tests and reviews of several brands. Good luck hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies. There appears to be a huge amount of information on this site. I look forward to learning a lot and hopefully reducing my oil deliveries. I saw some Maine's Choice at the local Lowes for $3.94/bag or $197/ton just wasn't sure if these would do well in the model that I am getting. They appear to burn at a lower temp and have less btus/pound.

mepellet said:
Are there any brands I should try to stay away from?

I answered your PM

Status
Not open for further replies.