New Princess 32 ... can see fire where stove pipe connects to stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

orbust

Dec 11, 2023
Lassen County, CA
I got a princess 32 recently and was so happy with it I bought one for my dad. When I went to see it, I noticed that I could see fire from the top of the stove all the way around the pipe where it connects to the stove through gaps. I cant see that on mine but they used an adapter and double wall stove pipe on mine... his has a semi double wall that is just a heat shield on the exterior that has small holes on the bottom of it like vents... through which I can see fire pretty much around the entire circular seam through small gaps where the stove pipe goes into stove. Never seen this before on any of my stoves. Anyone have and experience with this? The draft is good enough and it's not leaking smoke when a good fire is lit but his house smelled more smoky than mine in the morning after an 8 hour night time slow burn. Attached is video of it.. diverter is open and I just loaded it with wood and got a fire going for effect.... anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• 20231213_201319.mp4
    965.3 KB
  • 20231213_201424_2_1.mp4
    10.9 MB
Last edited:
It looks like the pipe is not pushed far enough down on the stove collar. My double wall pipe almost reaches the stove top, and your father's is sitting pretty high up there.

Reactions: orbust