New Quad Trekker - Standard Wired Thermostat After S/N HF3156001

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WarrenZ.

Feb 10, 2020
USA
According to the latest user's manual dated 04/21 the QuadraFire Trekker now utilizes a standard thermostat and control setup. They are also no longer are producing the wireless BT user interface.

Quad Trekker Manual Dated 04/2021

Trekkers with serials numbers after HF3156001 will come with the wired thermostat and compatible control board and controls.

I imagine the older style (serial numbers before HF3156001) with the BT user interface can be retrofitted with the latest control board and other parts to be changed over to the wired thermostat. I assume the owner will have to bare the burden of paying for this retrofit if they choose to go in that direction, unless their dealer can document problems with the BT controlled system.

-Warren Z.

According to the newest Quadra-Fire Trekker owners manual, the parts list line for the BT thermostat says:
User Interface (Pre #HF3156001) No longer available SRV7080-178

If they aren't even available then they may have to be retrofitted.

Can the older Trekker models accept a wired thermostat instead of using the wireless interface?

Can the older Trekker models accept a wired thermostat instead of using the wireless interface?

A quick check of the new parts required shows you would need quite a few things. A new control board, right shroud, dial control panel door assembly, dial control with wire harness, and a component pack assembly.

That sux. Our 1200i was a whole lot simpler. I am not thrilled by manufacturers coming up with these ideas as a sales pitch. How hard would it have been to set up a control board with a wired option from the beginning?
Our lawn tractor had a Bluetooth app to tell you what you can read on the dash hours guage. Totally worthless IMO.

Reactions: Ssyko and maraakate
That sux. Our 1200i was a whole lot simpler. I am not thrilled by manufacturers coming up with these ideas as a sales pitch. How hard would it have been to set up a control board with a wired option from the beginning?
Our lawn tractor had a Bluetooth app to tell you what you can read on the dash hours guage. Totally worthless IMO.
I would assume in this particular instance they assumed the BT interface was going to work just fine and probably was fine in their internal testing, but after being rolled out it became obvious it was too much of an issue so they had to add another method back in. However, I do agree they should have had a fail safe to allow the standard thermostats as well in the first place, but was probably a cost cutting move. :/