New Saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardog

Jan 13, 2011
NW CT
Went to the local Husky dealer to 'look' at saws since I've been thinking of getting another saw to complement my 346xp since I've been getting a lot of bigger trees lately. As luck would have it they were having a 10% sale so I ended up with a new Husky 562xp with a 20' bar. Thing cuts like a champ, was going to wait until the spring when a local stihl dealer does a 20% off sale for a bigger saw, but happy I didn't wait. Giddy like a school girl.

Reactions: Nixon and HDRock
No pics, sorry. It did happen though

Sounds like a classic loss leader ploy. Sell something at or below cost to get people in the door and hit em with a wall of string trimmers and a floor full of lawn mowers and a sign that says "spring is just around the corner". And the print ad leads with the chainsaws "while they last" and "don't forget to check out our inventory of trimmers and blowers and whatnot".

Reactions: osagebow
Sounds like a classic loss leader ploy. Sell something at or below cost to get people in the door and hit em with a wall of string trimmers and a floor full of lawn mowers and a sign that says "spring is just around the corner". And the print ad leads with the chainsaws "while they last" and "don't forget to check out our inventory of trimmers and blowers and whatnot".
I could see that working better in the early springtime (discount the saws which are coming off-season) to sell trimmers, blowers, and mowers. Just seems an odd time to do something like that, but then again he could sell 3 loops of chain with the saw and be making just about as much money as if he was selling some of the homeowner saws at retail. ;lol :rolleyes:

Read beardogs post he was talking about a 20% off sale in the spring on Stihl saws. He couldn't wait.

Reactions: MasterMech
Status
Not open for further replies.