New season - pets enjoying the fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some pics of Bella. I think she likes the couch better than the her bed on the floor, but the bed by the stove is good. :)

Attachments

• PDR_0024.jpg
    PDR_0024.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 124
  • PDR_0027.jpg
    PDR_0027.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: Jack Straw
Well, I know "pics or it didn't happen" but my stove area looked too dirty in the pics so I am waiting for better ones! Just popping in to report that my new cat has decided the place to hang out is between the shroud of my insert and the chimney wall. (I have an insert without a surround). It's plenty warm back there but even with the raging stove he can hang there, I think it says a lot for the shroud and how it helps put the heat forward instead of up the chimney! Will get pics soon. Tonight cat's curiosity went even further, he went INTO the stove when we opened it to start a new fire after a day off from burning. I hope he doesn't make a habit of that! There was a good ash bed in there too and might have been some coals, ouch!

My Wheaten has a nice thick coat and doesn't like heat. The snow's his friend. He sleeps on the chair that is farthest from the fire with both legs straight up in the air., rigid. First time my sister saw her wheaten do this, she cried...thought she was dead! They don't like heat. Bury themselves in the earth under the steps in the summer. Artan runs down to the lake and takes a dip every day until the lake freezes. Then he plays on the ice. First snow fall he goes crazy..all those nice clean smells to sniff.

My late Wheaten, Riley, was the same. Stayed as far away from the stove as possible. My Goldendoodle puppy, Toby, loves the stove and stretches out right in front of it. He's also mesmerized by the flames. Funny how different dogs react to the fire.

2013-01-13 17.31.51.jpg
2013-01-13 17.32.11.jpg
Our new kittens can't get enough of the stove...

Status
Not open for further replies.