New (to me) early Lopi Revere- pics and questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nooj

Feb 4, 2018
Woodland
Greetings,
I just picked up a Lopi Revere last night. I'm guessing it's an early model, but the manufacture date is not legible. It seems to be in good condition (which is relieving- it was dark when I got it, and the door wouldn't open), with a few exceptions.
I plan to do a good clean up, replace the glass, gaskets, and some fire brick, and perhaps a fresh coat of paint.

Should this insert have a "lip" that protrudes at the outlet, to connect the stove pipe? As you can see in the pic, mine is flush.

Also, beside removing the fire brick, secondary tubes and baffles, are there any other areas I need to address during cleaning?

Thanks for reading,
Nooj
IMG_20180204_124855-1664x1248.jpg IMG_20180204_124828-1664x1248.jpg

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
The flue outlet on on this insert is flush. The tubes on early Lopis were steel instead of stainless. Not sure what you'll find on this unit. The replacement tubes are stainless. Check the bypass plate operation and definitely repaint to stop it from rusting more. Did you get the blowers for this insert too?

Can you take a shot of the UL testing label and post it?

The tubes appear to be steel. They're a little crusty, but don't appear to be degraded. However, the bypass damper has an out of place baffle brick holding it jammed. I may have to break the brick to get it free.

This is all that's left of my labeling.
IMG_20180204_134413-1664x1248.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Begreen. I've got it downloaded.
Also, I got the door open and handle removed (took a bit of wd-40 and a little force), and I used a brass drift to tap the baffle brick that was holding my damper bypass stuck. It's moving freely now.

I'm really excited about this insert. I think it's going to turn ito great.

Any suggestions for sourcing parts? I've done a little online searching. I would like to order from lopi dealers, but in my situation I'm gonna need to go the bargain route if possible.