New (to me) Quadrafire Mt Vernon AE Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

blkonblk

Oct 14, 2018
new york
Hi - hope everyone is doing ok. I just got a pellet stove to replace my wood stove insert. I bought a used Quadrafire Mt Vernon AE insert that's a 2011 model. I am cleaning it out pretty thoroughly. Wanted to ask for some advice. What if any parts should I change while I have it on the in the open? By just searching around I see that there is a burn pot upgrade, not sure if I should change it or not. Any advice would be appriciated

Thanks,
Bo

I have Harmon XXV in my 3rd season this year. I have on hand Distribution Fan and Plan on Keeping Combustion Fan and Igniter. Since I am new I would think if it's had good maintenance the only item I would swap would be igniter. On Burn box upgrade out of my area. Do you play on using it during power outages. if so I posed what I use and batteries. Only used it twice. Once for 7 hours.

I don't have a Quadrafire but for my stove I
keep on hand a combustion motor and fan assy
a circulation fan and an auger motor.
If the ignitor goes you can always start manually and
sensors can be jumped until you get new
Remember a pellet stoves best friend is a good
cleaning and keeping it clean