new to pellet stoves (replacement of free standing fireplace)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kuleinc

Dec 23, 2017
california
So I just picked up a used enviro evolution pellet stove to replace the wood burning fireplace in my moms living room addition. The fire place is free standing and has the exhaust come straight out the top and through the attic and through the roof.

I'm pretty good with diy stuff, and just need to know how I convert the pellet stove exhaust pipe to this larger wood burning stove exhaust pipe or what? safely.

Also how do I tell if the stove came with a fresh air intake kit, as I think we will need this, the house has been resealed during remodel and is pretty tight.

Maybe there is a thread link or something I can read with pictures?

So I just picked up a used enviro evolution pellet stove to replace the wood burning fireplace in my moms living room addition. The fire place is free standing and has the exhaust come straight out the top and through the attic and through the roof.

I'm pretty good with diy stuff, and just need to know how I convert the pellet stove exhaust pipe to this larger wood burning stove exhaust pipe or what? safely.

Also how do I tell if the stove came with a fresh air intake kit, as I think we will need this, the house has been resealed during remodel and is pretty tight.

Maybe there is a thread link or something I can read with pictures?
I put a pellet stove in my workshop,it had a wood stove and a 6" pipe.They make reducers 6-3" or 8-3"..

I put a pellet stove in my workshop,it had a wood stove and a 6" pipe.They make reducers 6-3" or 8-3"..
Yes the wood fireplace pipe is something like 6 or 8 inches in diameter. I can't say for sure because I am at my house with pellet stove in the back of my van and fire place is at my moms house an hour away

Yes the wood fireplace pipe is something like 6 or 8 inches in diameter. I can't say for sure because I am at my house with pellet stove in the back of my van and fire place is at my moms house an hour away
For draft purposes it's better to run a four inch pellet pipe and connect at the double wall with a reducer.

Would the double wall be where the large pipe goes through the interior ceiling? If so this will be an easy install!

Also I think the pellet stove might have a three inch pipe? I will make sure tomorrow. Any kind of special pipe needed?

You will probably have to buy the pipe to connect yo your fresh air. Depending on stove location you can go through a outside wall, or through the floor into a crawl space

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Would the double wall be where the large pipe goes through the interior ceiling? If so this will be an easy install!

Also I think the pellet stove might have a three inch pipe? I will make sure tomorrow. Any kind of special pipe needed?
On your existing pipe there will be a stove connector that connects the single wall to the insulated chimney. Your pellet pipe reducer will slide over the single wall pipe so make sure you don't damage the stove connector.