New to Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Smokeyhollow

Dec 8, 2021
West Virginia
Recently did away with my woodburner due to health issues and have purchased my first pellet stove and had install done by a local vendor. I have a Comfortbilt HP22N and am burning the Hamer Hot Ones. I am still experimenting with my stove to find the most efficient way of running the stove. My vendor has suggested running the stove on the #1 setting and #3 as the high setting when needed to desired temperature with ECO mode off. He has suggested this to prolong the life of my igniter and did mention the advantages of ECO mode in warmer weather where the unit will not cycle on and off frequently. My only concern is the distribution blower running constantly, the blower is extremely quiet however i am concerned of wearing the motor out with it running constantly. Does anyone have this unit or any recommendations as to running efficiently? I have my temperature set to maintain at 72.

I don't have your brand of stove, but am choosing to give my opinion anyway :). IMO, worrying about "saving" a cheap ignitor is not worth bothering with. I have run both my stoves on auto, probably 98% fo the time since install, and not had an igniter go. Igniters are relatively cheap anyway. You will probably save enough $$ in pellets to pay for an igniter.