New to Wood Burning: Englander Blue Ridge 300P box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

clintonlester

Jan 24, 2024
North Central Kentucky
Hi all, I’m trying to follow the rules, so if this is posted somewhere else on the site I apologize. I’m new to wood burning, but have realized as an arborist I have ample access to free wood and recently purchased a home with a place where a stove used to be. I’ve been on the site trying to absorb as much info as possible and have come up with the idea of getting the Englander Blue Ridge 300p. I have a 1500 sq ft single story home and want the wood stove to aid my heat pump when temps drop below 20 (which we have a few weeks of during the winter) and to use when there is a power outage (which happen 7-8 times a winter due to living in the sticks). Wondering if I chose the right stove or maybe I should go with a Drolet or another model all together. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any and all help.

Welcome. This is the right place. The BR 300p looks like a direct relation to the Drolet Escape 1800. The door hinge is reversed and the blower is different, but internally they look identical. It should be up to the task.

Welcome. This is the right place. The BR 300p looks like a direct relation to the Drolet Escape 1800. The door hinge is reversed and the blower is different, but internally they look identical. It should be up to the task.
Thank you for the information. I’m assuming that you feel that the two brands are comparable as far as construction and maybe reliability? It appears that the Drolet Escape 1800 is slightly cheaper, so if they are more or less the same I would prefer to purchase the cheaper one. Thanks again!

The new, Englander line under SBI has just started showing up this season so there are no field reports on this model yet. I haven't seen it in person. Typically SBI has been pricing these new Englander stoves a bit below their others. It looks like the BR300p is $1399 direct sale and the Drolet 1800 is $1499 direct sale.