New tractor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great looking tractor! I'd just like to add that if you do much of anything with your tractor, aside from move snow and dirt, then you would think you died and went to heaven if you got a FEL grapple!

I could make do without my bucket, but I'll never be without my grapple! Keep it high on your wish list!

Congrats! I love those NH tractors!

Reactions: TreePointer
That's a great looking tractor! I'd just like to add that if you do much of anything with your tractor, aside from move snow and dirt, then you would think you died and went to heaven if you got a FEL grapple!

I could make do without my bucket, but I'll never be without my grapple! Keep it high on your wish list!

Congrats! I love those NH tractors!

What do you use the grapple for?

You don't have to load your forks or bucket with logs, rocks, firewood, brush, etc., by hand. Just stay in the cab of your tractor and grab a load with the grapple! It's certainly on my wish list.

Yeah... but getting off the seat to roll stuff into the bucket is one of the things that keeps me in better shape than the guy with the grapple. :p

What do you use the grapple for?

The short answer is, pretty much everything!

I know that is pretty vague, but it's very true at the same time. I originally bought the grapple to help with moving logs around, and picking up brush piles. Since getting the grapple, I've used it for so many things I never even thought of.

One of the best things that it absolutely excels at, is carrying firewood after splitting it. Many times I'll carry the entire tree to the splitter pile, buck it up into 16"-18" rounds with it still in the grapple (no need to worry about bending over or hitting the dirt with the chain) then turn the tractor around and split the rounds with the 3 pt splitter, make a large pile of splits, and get back on the tractor to grab a pile of splits to carry over to where I stack them.
Sometimes if I'm tired, I'll just drive into the pile of splits similar to how you would do it with a bucket, then close the grapple and carry the loose splits like that. However, usually I will stack them on the grapple to carry the splits down the street (my house is about 400-500 yards down the road from where I do my wood cutting).

295708d1357014723-grappling-fun-picture-thread-mf-027.jpg

295707d1357014718-grappling-fun-picture-thread-mf-026.jpg

I've used it for:
-carrying my dirt bike when it was broke down
295711d1357016000-grappling-fun-picture-thread-mf-015.jpg

-carrying a 14' ramp I recently built for my dog who had ACL surgery
-grubbing brush (ripping up saplings)
261735d1334978679-grappling-fun-picture-thread-1-075.jpg

261736d1334978679-grappling-fun-picture-thread-1-077.jpg

-clearing land by knocking trees over-stumps and all, then backing up, grabbing the (smaller sized) tree/stump all in one, and carrying it off into the brush pile
i-jjKKVs7-M.jpg

i-34GMSJQ-M.jpg

i-zkGptb3-M.jpg

-moving stumps
June-134-M.jpg

June-153-M.jpg

-moving large stones
295709d1357015990-grappling-fun-picture-thread-mf-021.jpg

i-6tM5Wjw-M.jpg

-carrying lumber
261734d1334978679-grappling-fun-picture-thread-1-061.jpg

-offloading and moving around other 3pt implements
295713d1357016008-grappling-fun-picture-thread-mf-018.jpg

and much more..

I have many more pics, but I don't want to take up anymore of this thread than I already have. I hope that answers the question. :)

-Matt

A grapple bucket is as handy as pockets on a shirt. Good for moving anything other than dirt, sand, or mulch.

Reactions: nate379
Very nice tractor, love the blue, I have a ford because its blue and bullet proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.