New wood shed is done and 1/3 filled

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

barnaclebob

Feeling the Heat
Nov 29, 2017
Puget Sound
Total capacity is just over two cords. Finished it up yesterday and split the leyland cypress that used to stand in that spot. That wood was super heavy and wet , over 40 percent moisture according to my meter. So once I get it filled up ill be wrapping the whole thing with greenhouse plastic to make it into a solar kiln to get the wood dry for this winter.

20180612_183442.jpg

Looks like the left front is resting on an old stump. That could be a problem when it decays and the weight of the wood in the shed presses down. Do you have a plan for that? Otherwise is a rather attractive shed I might say.

Nice looking setup there. Always think about how my racks and the weight when I'm filling it up with green wood. That weight adds up fast, looks like yours is well built for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk