New Wood Shed Phase One. . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine looks alright but filling it has turned into a problem.

Attachments

• wood shed.bmp
    402.6 KB · Views: 354
i am starting my own. torgued the braces trying to lift it on my own, then had to add supports, plan on another two sets and then a roof, will keep postd

Attachments

• 0519111433[1].jpg
    0519111433[1].jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 261
  • 0519111532[1].jpg
    0519111532[1].jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 265
  • 0519111606[1].jpg
    0519111606[1].jpg
    180 KB · Views: 258
Bigg_Redd said:
muncybob said:
I just cleared and somewhat leveled my area for our shed(12X24)...I can't believe I was actually thinking about taking some pics :)

Exactly. Pics, schmics. One of 3 things will happen if I post pics:

1) Everyone will "oooooooooo" and "aaaaahhhhhhhh" and say how great it is. But I already know this. And I feel not the slightest inclination or desire for the affirmation of people I have not met and do not know.

2) The opposite of #1 will happen. And I still won't care.

3) No reaction whatsoever

4) Some combination of #s 1, 2, and 3.

I choose answer #4.

Jags said:
Bigg_Redd said:
And I feel not the slightest inclination or desire for the affirmation of people I have not met and do not know.

...Yet feels the need to post to those same people on a forum named "The wood shed" :lol:

I have earned the scorn of many firewood buying, half ton truck driving, Dolmar saw cutting, hydraulic splitter using, soapstone stove burning busters and I actually sortov enjoy it.

Bigg_Redd said:
Jags said:
Bigg_Redd said:
And I feel not the slightest inclination or desire for the affirmation of people I have not met and do not know.

...Yet feels the need to post to those same people on a forum named "The wood shed" :lol:

I have earned the scorn of many firewood buying, half ton truck driving, Dolmar saw cutting, hydraulic splitter using, soapstone stove burning busters and I actually sortov enjoy it.

Its what keeps me coming back for more. ;-)

....but, I think I will actually start posting pics anyways. I'm going to be taking them just as I do for most before/after projects since years down the road and senility gets even worse I can have a reminder of how things used to be.
So, since I'll have them and I actually do like to see other folks projects, saws, wood stacks, etc. I figure why not put them up? I also could care less about opinions but am always open to constructive suggestions...so if you are tempted to make a negative comment w/o suggested improvement...cram it! :)

Bigg_Redd said:
Jags said:
Bigg_Redd said:

Let's see,,,,, I cut all my firewood for free, I drive a 3/4 ton 4x4, my chainsaw is a husqvarna, I split wood with a splitting maul, and my stove is all steel. So I guess I don't fit your profile Redd, but I'll still scorn you if you like, since you get such a kick out of it. :mad:

Bigg_Redd said:
Jags said:
Bigg_Redd said:

I'm sure its easy to cut all your own wood when all you have are softwoods. Especially when you bought a nice Stihl so you could get a ticket to the bandwagon. You can split your pine by hand, because, well, its pine, and drive home in your 1 ton pickup thats overkill for hauling the 1500 lbs of conifer that fits in the back. And when you get there, you can load the cheapest steel stove around. Its more than adequate for a place that doesn't get winter temps below freezing.

Wow, I didn't see this thread getting out of hand. :roll:

snowleopard said:
Q: What do you do with a 6x10 railroad tie if it doesn't fit in its hole?

A: Cram it!

Here's a picture of the woodshed I don't have:

Rear view:

Side view:

Sattellite:

Nice, but aren't you worried about not going to get enough ventilation by stacking your wood all the way to the roof like you did? Nice truck, too!

Ed

Creekyphil said:
Bigg_Redd said:
Jags said:
Bigg_Redd said:

I'm sure its easy to cut all your own wood when all you have are softwoods. Especially when you bought a nice Stihl so you could get a ticket to the bandwagon. You can split your pine by hand, because, well, its pine, and drive home in your 1 ton pickup thats overkill for hauling the 1500 lbs of conifer that fits in the back. And when you get there, you can load the cheapest steel stove around. Its more than adequate for a place that doesn't get winter temps below freezing.

*basking*

How much wood does your Prius haul? Or did you opt for the Subaru?

*pulls up a chair & sits down with popcorn & soda.*

Bigg_Redd said:
Beetle-Kill said:
Can't express how much I'm enjoying this.

I know, right?

But we must enjoy it while we may. I think the Mods have a cross-hair on this thread.

I dunno....seems to be pretty civil so far, nothing too bad...though it might get bumped to the ash can.

This thread and a few others seem to be rather...wandering and meandering with a good bit of giddiness in them ...spring fever maybe???

Ed

PS: When you gonna post those pictures Redd? :p

Intheswamp said:
Nice, but aren't you worried about not going to get enough ventilation by stacking your wood all the way to the roof like you did? Nice truck, too!

Ed

Not at all. Every stick of wood in there is from a first growth giant redwood that I cut myself with a 14" electric chainsaw, carried home in the back of my '91 hold-the-struts-please Subaru (holds .36 cords inside, and another .14 on the roof). (Neighbors are so jealous they wish they were me.) I didn't buy my wood, but I had to bribe the park ranger when he caught me cutting it down. Pulled into the drive-through Split-N-Dash on the way home. It's been seasoning for 11ty years, and is cut in little-itsy-bitsy pieces, and measured .01 on the MM (measured each piece, so I know for certain). Once the rainy season comes on here, I'll take it inside and burn it. I'm not going to tell you what I'm burning it in. I'm *so* ashamed.

Regarding the truck: It was snowing the day I took that picture, so it's a little hard to see, but thanks.

Bigg_Redd said:
...I think the Mods have a cross-hair on this thread.

I was just waiting to see whether or not I'd be left behind. Looks like I was. No surprise. So long as you folks remain relatively civil with one another, there's no rule against having fun with a forum thread. Post on. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.