Newbie here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sarahdsaylor

Nov 20, 2023
Indiana
I moved into home that has a Brunco Hearthstone stove. The previous owners clearly used as there is stack of wood by fireplace and back door and the home has the amazing fire smell.
Does anyone know of a tutorial I can watch or read that reeeaaalllyyy dumbs it down? The manual isn't really that descript. When I attempted a fire, the smoke didn't go up the chimney and instead just rolled out of it. Any help whatsoever is much appreciated!

Hi, I think you may mean the Bronco Hearthglow stove. If so, the is a coal stove.
Can you describe the flue system from the stove top to the chimney cap? Pictures are welcome.