Newbie looking for advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuchef

Hearth Supporter
Apr 21, 2010
staten island NY
So Ive been lurking on and off for the last 3 months.. I have a steel fabricated outside chimney with a fabricated insulated fireplace. I had my chimney cleaned and inspected its all good. i recently found a Vermont casting resolute acclaim non-catalytic stove which would heat my 1200 square foot home.. i downloaded the manual for the stove and was looking at the chimney requirements.. my question is that I have metalbestos all-fuel model SS. Would this meet the requirements for a stove?? i measured the distance around my hearth and feel confident I am within there suggested distance for all sides.. Thanks for all your help

Attachments

• Newbie looking for advice
    1000000512.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 267
    1000000513.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 271
    1000000514.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 265
    1000000515.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 267
Welcome to the forum Staten Island Newbie.

I might trim some of those branches but you are probably good to go. Good luck.

Now quit lurking and join right in with everyone else. lol

Welcome to the forums, SI !!

Tired of the oil prices, here, heh ?

No, I have natural gas.. just trying to be a little more frugal..I live in a Dutch colonial, where it makes sense having a stove heat the living room and have the rest of the house warm up too. Plus my father in law has a Vermont stove and heats his whole house all winter long with the stove..
My concern really is the installation.. could it be that simple to put a 6" pipe on the stove and connect it to the 6" flute??
PS yeah Backwoods I did cut back that tree..thank you..still a lot to learn

Any one Familiar with this pipe?? does it pass the 2100 degree safety temperature?? and would i be able to connect a stove right into it?

thanks again

I inspected the pipe and it does have straps locking the pipes together.. Is this sufficient? should I contact the makers of the pipe to find out if they are rated within the safe parameters of the HT103 rating...thanks

Staten Island Newbie said:
I inspected the pipe and it does have straps locking the pipes together.. Is this sufficient? should I contact the makers of the pipe to find out if they are rated within the safe parameters of the HT103 rating...thanks

Hi!

Yes, that's what I'd do. The manufacturer is Simpson, I believe, still a major player, so I hope they'll have info for you. And you can always try Googling.

My totally uniformed WAG is that you'll be okay, but that and $3 will buy you a gallon of gas. :) The more info you get the better. Kudos for checking first and having it inspected. :coolsmile:

Metalbestos is Selkirk, not Simpson. Give their tech support a call at:

Selkirk Corporation

Toll Free: 1.800.992.VENT (8368)
Fax: 1.877.393.4145
Email:
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.