Newburgh NY 84 Lumber...suddenly, not getting pellets they "ordered"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Been waiting since August for a delivery of Lignetics pellets I ordered @ $250/ton from my local 84 Lumber in Newburgh. The original date for them to get them was late October-early Nov., so I figured I'd give them a call and get an update.

Well, bottom line is they are NOT getting ANY pellets...period. I asked why, and couldn't get an answer, except that they are closing the store permanently. Obvious next question was "what about the $$ I paid?" Well, supposedly, they credited it back to my checking acct, so I'll be keeping a VERY CLOSE eye on that, especially since they are literally shutting the doors Friday.

What bothered me almost as much as not getting the pellets, was that they've obviously known about this for a while, yet no phone call to me (or anyone else, probably).....I wonder what would have happened had I not called????

On a brighter note, glad I got the other 5 tons when I did in Aug/Sept.

Hey, wait a minute....does this mean I may not be eligible to remain a member of the Pellet Pig Club???? :bug:

You can remain a member but must go for re-training.

You may have to go before the Elder Pigs to present your case. :cheese:

That's kind of unusual that they announced it was closing, 84 usually just has someone show up and lock the gate, it's over, employees of the store find out when they show up for work. Just closed the one around the corner from where I work this past Monday. Don't think you will have a problem getting a refund.

" On a brighter note, glad I got the other 5 tons when I did in Aug/Sept." If you mean by this that you had ANOTHER 5 tons on this order, I think you have nothing to worry about. You did pay some money in advance which shows a commitment ... I think you will still be a PP :)

kyburnr said:
You may have to go before the Elder Pigs to present your case. :cheese:

That's kind of unusual that they announced it was closing, 84 usually just has someone show up and lock the gate, it's over, employees of the store find out when they show up for work. Just closed the one around the corner from where I work this past Monday. Don't think you will have a problem getting a refund.

" On a brighter note, glad I got the other 5 tons when I did in Aug/Sept." If you mean by this that you had ANOTHER 5 tons on this order, I think you have nothing to worry about. You did pay some money in advance which shows a commitment ... I think you will still be a PP :)

OH NO, NOT THE ELDER PIGS!!!!!! :bug:

As for the "other 5 tons", what I meant was the 5 I got from "other sources", not this order. I only ordered 1 ton from 84 due to the good price, and had planned on not using it until next year.....Oh well...the best laid plans of mice and men.....

Oh well...the best laid plans of mice and pigs....

kyburnr said:
Oh well...the best laid plans of mice and pigs....

LMAO !

I think we need a logo designed...like a big fat pig w/ bags of pellets under his arms, or stacked on his back...that would be too funny.....any graphic artists out there???

It would look good stitched on the back of Eric from Kinsman's stoves camo and knit hats.

macman said:
I think we need a logo designed...like a big fat pig w/ bags of pellets under his arms, or stacked on his back...that would be too funny.....any graphic artists out there???

It would look good stitched on the back of Eric from Kinsman's stoves camo and knit hats.
How about a pig with saddlebags that are pellet bags? Or a flying pig dropping pellet bag bombs?

omg, too funny...I can see this is going to become a very elite club, special membership privileges, discounts at the local rib joint, PPC pins, hats, t-shirts, etc., etc. I like the ideas for a logo...keep 'em coming, I need a laugh! :lol:

Want a little cheese for that wine? Good on you for not putting all your eggs in one basket.

Pellet Pig? Sign me up.

This year I have sold over 400 tons from my store. Over 50 additional truckloads this year (22 tons per truck) to stores I supply.

There is no reason you should have not had this seasons pellets last May, June or July. "Piss Poor Planning on your part does not make for an emergency on mine."

Eric

You mean Want a little chese for that swine!!!

You are bad.
Bad Cop no donut (pig joke)
stop and do not get bent out of shape.

Eric

I
IHello...I am a new member to this forum. I live on Long Island and have recently installed a Napolean NPS40 pellet stove in my home. I just wanted to let you know that pellets here on Long Island are available but are pricey. I ordered 2 tons back in July and had them delivered the first week of Spetember. $400.00 a ton plus another $40.00 for delivery. The local Lowes just got their first supply of pellets this past week and they are already sold out. They are charging $300.00 a ton plus another $85.00 if you want them delivered. I am hoping for a mild winter and that the 2 tons I have last me.
Some of the local establishments that sell pellet stoves and carry supplies of pellets are limiting their sales of pellets to "their" customers only. If you bought a stove from them, great. If not...tough luck! They put you on a waiting list and it is not a pretty picture. I found a supplier on the eastern end of the island that can supply what I need. They also handle coal deliveries. I look forward to getting a little educated with these forums.

Dave Kohn
Long Island,NY

Small world mac.Friend ordered some in pleasant valley 2 months ago and they just called to say there were not selling them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.