Nice side of the road score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr A

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2011
N. California
road1.jpgroad2.jpgroad3.jpg I was driving a country road this afternoon, pulled under a shade tree to eat lunch. Right there under the tree were 6, 12-16" x 4-5' logs of oak. I flipped them into the truck and noticed another load on the other side of the road, walnut. I'm running out of storage room but this was too easy pass up. Almost a full load. I left the walnut behind. Why do the pics post upside down? I posted from my smartphone, but fixed the pics on my laptop.

View attachment 106458View attachment 106459View attachment 106460 I was driving a country road this afternoon, pulled under a shade tree to eat lunch. Right there under the tree were 6, 12-16" x 4-5' logs of oak. I flipped them into the truck and noticed another load on the other side of the road, walnut. I'm running out of storage room but this was too easy pass up. Almost a full load. I left the walnut behind. Why do the pics post upside down? I posted from my smartphone, but fixed the pics on my laptop.
Look in the tips and helpful hints Section of the forum, there's a thread there on why pictures are turned from phones. Nice way to pick up a few rounds!

Wow. You can't pass up that oak though. Walnut... not so much.

You're right. I was in the middle of nowhere. I didn't cross any fences, it was on the shoulder of the road, and a farmer drove up, told me the County road crews trimmed the trees and where to find more.

Are you sure it's not all Walnut? It looks really dark.... ;)

these are oak.
Just funnin' ya. Despite the long drying time, it's hard not to grab Oak, I know. When it's that easy, ya gotta do it! ==c
Never burned Walnut before, but I found a bone-dry top out there so I'll try it soon....

I have a few cords of English Walnut. I burned some last year and it kept the house warm enough. I have seasoned oak, walnut and mulberry for this year, so I will be able to learn the differences.

You're right. I was in the middle of nowhere. I didn't cross any fences, it was on the shoulder of the road, and a farmer drove up, told me the County road crews trimmed the trees and where to find more.

Ah, good boy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.