No hearth.com access from Chrome browser

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
This morning, I could not log into hearth.com from the Chrome browser I've been using for several years to access this site. It's giving me a cookies warning, but I have not changed any settings in my Chrome browser, and I cannot find any setting that shows I'm blocking cookies. I suspect something must have changed in the site software in the last day or two.

I'm using Chrome version 78.0.3904.108

It’s not by chance a “too many redirects” warning is it??

Nope, it was a “blocked cookies” type warning. Will check it again, this evening.

Still unable to log in from chrome. Verified my settings are set to "allow sites to save and read cookie data", and no sites on the blocked list, either. Not sure what the issue could be.

Can you show me error?

Yep. Here it is:

hearth cookie error.jpg

Error is at top of screen. The cookie warning at bottom of screen is new, as well, but clicking Accept has no apparent bearing on the issue. In other words, I just clicked Accept, but it still won't let me log in. Having clicked Accept on this new warning, it does not re-appear, even if I close and reopen my Chrome browser. So, it seems I've accepted some cookie to allow to the site recognize that I've accepted that policy, but it still won't let me log in.

No issues with MS Edge, I'm using that just fine now, but I don't normally use Edge.

Last edited:
Ok, Try again now. If that doesn't work be sure you are using the https link to hearth.

Working now! Not sure what you did, or if you're going to regret it, but I'm back!

Just a setting I had never touched but found someone else that had same problem. Must have been turned off by default during upgrade.

Reactions: Ashful