NO LONGER ALOWED TO SELL TRAVIS PARTS ONLINE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the message was good news from Travis.

It's not like we don't want to do business with our local dealers, they don't want to do business with us it seems. I certainly hope they get it through their heads that all they are doing is hurting their customers and in the end themselves.

I hope the National Sales Manager didn't give you too much grief yesterday, and please keep us updated if any changes occur.

We finally hooked up on the phone
I really like Perry he is a good guy. the past 18 years He has alway responded to my request and he does not have to because im a little fish and he is high up on the Tottem pole.

He just had to say thanks for taking down the site and sorry it went on for so long before He knew about it.
He want to know if YOUR dealer is not giving you parts good service
so if your dealer WILL not supply you parts or tech support feel free to email them and have them forward it to Perry Ranes
he said he want to know if a dealer is not up to TRAVIS standards.
give them your town and dealer name.

Sorry folks it has to be this way.
If you can walk in my store I will sell you the parts
but I can not ship

Thanks for the update, and I hope Travis sees the error of their ways before it's too late for their customers.

It seems that with every passing day, we take another step away from democracy and freedom.

I guess that's what a company has to do that refuses to compete for business but rather forces customers to deal with dealers that want all the money but none of the effort to earn it.

My girls (clerks) are so mad at me right now.
We are filling all orders that we had before we were told to stop.
but some parts we just did not have enough in stock and can not order in large orders anymore from Travis because it will put up flag and I will get the call AGAIN.

We have about 20 orders that we are now out of stock on parts and people are Livid.
Piss off that we had to cancel their order and taking it out on my staff.
and now my staff. (one of them I have to sleep with) now will not talk to me. LOL
Maybee that is a good thing.

Rod,

I'm not sure why they are mad at you...it wasn't your decision.

BTW, hope you got my email about the ignitor I had ordered....just put it on back order...I was just buying it as a spare, as per your recommendations when I first got the stove, so there's no rush. I'll take it whenever you get it. Thanks

So what if Travis finds out 1/2 of their dealers aren't doing the best job?

Well, I was in the biz long enough to know what will happen...absolutely nothing! No manufacturer can afford to turn down cold cash from long term dealers....none. It is the reality of business. Manufacturers mean well - very well. They are like utopians. They think about things as if it were a perfect world - like one call from the manufacturer to the dealer will get the dealer on his or her toes.

I was on both sides of the equation enough times to know just what the dealer says and thinks after he hangs up the phone....and it is not fit for a family forum.

Oh, well, if Travis has the time, energy and staff to deal with each situation - then more power to them. But the fact that Rod has been doing so much business suggests otherwise. My guess is that at least 1/2 of dealers are not up to snuff - and I'm being generous.

Webmaster said:
So what if Travis finds out 1/2 of their dealers aren't doing the best job?

Well, I was in the biz long enough to know what will happen...absolutely nothing! No manufacturer can afford to turn down cold cash from long term dealers....none. It is the reality of business. Manufacturers mean well - very well. They are like utopians. They think about things as if it were a perfect world - like one call from the manufacturer to the dealer will get the dealer on his or her toes.

I was on both sides of the equation enough times to know just what the dealer says and thinks after he hangs up the phone....and it is not fit for a family forum.

Oh, well, if Travis has the time, energy and staff to deal with each situation - then more power to them. But the fact that Rod has been doing so much business suggests otherwise. My guess is that at least 1/2 of dealers are not up to snuff - and I'm being generous.

And this is why they're making a mistake, and will never understand that they are. Why would we buy a part that's 3000 miles away and pay more for that part because of shipping? It's not because Rod's a nice guy, which he truly is, but because most dealers are terrible and he's our only source for parts in a timely manner.

I grew up in the service industry, my dad owned a car repair business. If the people are happy with your service they'll tell others about you when asked. If they're not happy with your service they'll tell everyone they possibly can without being asked.

Husqvarnia did the same thing with their on line chain saw sales, trying to be more like Sthil. It cost them their largest dealer in the US and who is now selling other saws online, and has completely dropped them even in their stores. People where outraged with this policy and they have lost alot of customers. Hope the people at the HQ listen to why people want to buy stuff on line. If the local dealer does not want to help you and you have to go there to order the part, they are not helpful, you go back when the part comes in and it is the wrong part. Two or more weeks wasted and you still don't have the part and you wasted your time and gas. It was nice when you could order it online or by phone, get good service, and it is at your door in 4 days.
Forgot to add, I wanted a soapstone stove, two different brands. Woodstock and Hearthstone. Both make a great product. Hearthstone sells thru dealers and Woodstock sells online. My Hearthstone dealer here was way to much for an install and would not sell me a stove and let me install. There was a great dealer in NC that would do that, but I would have to go pick it up or pay shipping. Woodstock only sells online and they have great customer service, plus I liked the long burn times of thier stoves. Guess who I purchased from and I picked up the stove at the freight terminal and brought it home and rolled it in on a furniture dolly. Less than 2 hours, local dealer wanted $800 just for that.

Still lots of agree people leaving me email
SORRY FOLK my hands are tied.
Next season Or this summer I will be working on gettting Generic Blowers and such.
But we will be out of luck on the Control boards, ignitors, Firebrick and burn pots, and most wood stove burn chamber parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.